What to do when you feel stuck - Tips for Mindfulness

So it is now February, the year has begun and as per usual it starts with a bang. But after that bang I have found myself in a lull. Where I don't know what I am doing and have lost motivation and hope. That what now? phase. Where do we go from here? How do we find hope and motivation again?

I think its different for everyone but you are not alone in this. We all experience times where everything feels too much and we just wallow, unsure of which way is up. Sometimes there are not any answers and we continually ask ourselves questions like why? and how? but this does not help, often makes us feel worse. This is when we must try to live in the present. Stop wondering and thinking about all that is going wrong or that you are unsure about and just simply what you can do to help the situation. Practicing mindfulness can help to get out of the stuck, anxious or worried state you are in. Whether that is:


Meditating or praying

Just taking a few minutes out of your day to regroup. I find that both of these help me to declutter my thoughts, think more objectively and see things clearer. I like practicing these usually before bed at night or in the morning after I wake up.


Journaling

Journaling helps to also get things off your mind, there is something about putting your thoughts into words and reading them back to yourself that really makes you think about the way you are thinking - whether you realise you are being to hard on yourself or not trying hard enough or not putting life into perspective. See my previous post for more. 


Having a shower/bath/going for a swim

I find this to be a sort of cleansing ritual. I imagine as I walk into the shower, hop into the bath or jump into the pool that my thoughts are being washed away. And when I leave that situation I must leave my worries behind. 


Breathing

Stop throughout the day, every few hours and just breathe. Take a few big deep breaths when you catch yourself starting to stress and picture your thoughts being exhaled with every breath.


Going for a walk

Walking is great for clearing your head. Just focus on the action of walking itself as your body is distracted by your surroundings and you are just in the moment enjoying the breeze and getting some needed exercise to relive some stress. 


When life feels hazy, just try living in the now. Live in the present because whatever happens in life, what ever challenges you face - you will always be okay.

CONVERSATION

43 comments:

  1. I love your tips. I want to try meditation. I keep hearing how amazing it is for mindfulness. x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is worth a try! I find I can't concentrate for long periods though tbh ahha so even trying just five minutes of meditation! Definitely worth a go :)

      Delete
  2. Nice post!!

    http://comeonshine.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. writing in a journal always does the trick for me, its definitely a stress reliever!

    www.prettyinleather.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is truly a helpful post, I love meditating and also taking a walk, it helps a lot ♥

    www.heresometimes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you found it helpful, yes the are only small things but can help a lot!

      Delete
  5. I'm the kind of person who's everytime thinking and wondering about love-job-daily problems....and I'm currently living a bad period...I'm unhappy, moody and unsatisfied....the main problem is the job...I've studied so many years, I speak 4 languages, I've a great curriculum but I'm receiving since almost 3 years only "bad jobs"....I tried everything, I moved to different cities but nothing...and now I feel lost or angry...I'm used to walk every day,go out, play sports....but when I go back home I start to torment myself....I'm saying I've hobbies and I'm always outside but inside I don't feel weel, I lost enthusiasm and hope...in life and love....
    Hope things will change soon ^^
    Sophia
    www.sophiasfashiondiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that! I think we all go through times like these, I'm sure you will find your way soon. Sending love and prayers your way :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing these tips... keeping them in mind when I feel stuck =)


    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful post and I totally agree with your tips! They are all so useful to switch off everything and focus on ourselves :)
    xx Elisa
    Francine's Place | Diy & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these tips! When I feel stuck it's really important for me to do some of these and I'm gonna start trying out the others! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It is! Yes definitely give them a try!

      Delete
  9. Great post, truly inspiring, I love it. Thank you for sharing and amazing tips, cannot wait for the next post!!!

    xxx

    www.modelonamission.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree in everything mentioned, your post is very inspiring. Love that little picture too, so cute.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you very much! Yes I chose it because it was so cute ahah

      Delete
  11. very helpful tips dear.thank you so much..

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem :) glad you found them useful!

      Delete
  12. Lovely post - thank you for sharing.

    Patricia // Patricia Stelmach

    ReplyDelete
  13. Journaling is very therapeutic. I like putting my thought and emotions into words, it helps me understand them and deal with them better. These are some great cost free tips. thank you for sharing :)
    xo
    Sauniya | Find Your Bliss ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes same here! It really does help to work out our issues. Thank you :)

      Delete
  14. As demotivating as a walk sounds to me, it does actually help me a lot!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very beautiful post and great tips. I like it... kisses

    Do you want to follow for each other? If you want to tell me on my blog.

    www.jovanica92.blogspot.rs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for sharing these great tips =)


    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been practising mindfulness for the past few months. I definitely agree with all of these pointers. Helps a lot! Great post!

    http://missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a great and inspiring post..awesome blog dear..
    jehanmohammad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great and inspiring post..awesome blog dear..
    jehanmohammad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. prayer is effective for me..

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. i prefer journaling dear...love this post..

    http://jehanmohammad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I find that showering or taking a bath is really refreshing and the perfect time to think and gather your thoughts :)

    Sarah | What Sarah Writes

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such great tips! I've found my bullet journal really helpful. I'm able to plan what I want to do, without putting too much on my plate. I'm finally more productive, while not feeling as overwhelmed. Xx

    Tania | When Tania Talks

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your tips are all great and on point! I do these too!
    xox-Cynthia L.
    http://www.cynthialoewenblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top