DIY Delicious Healthy Juices

Hey Everyone

So the latest craze is green juices, and healthy juice cleanses. However, they aren't too appealing to me :/ so I came up with my own (much more delicious) way of incorporating my fruits and veges! For these recipes I used the Sunbeam blender which is a knock off of the Nutri-Bullet. It performs great and is perfect for my healthy juice creations :) I mainly use spinach as my main green ingredient and trust me you can bearly taste it :P

I've made up some of my own recipes, but to be honest these were just by chance! I've just been playing around with whatevers in the fridge, and its really just a game of trail and error to figure out what you like :) These recipes are all different in texture and taste, which is why I have labelled them differently, also they are designed for two small serves or one large. As a side note that to make your drink more of a juice and less of a smoothie just add more liquid like water or orange juice! For all these recipes I add ice at the end, but you can always add it in the blender mix.

 I have also added annotations next to each ingredient to explain there purpose!


Juice Recipe 1: The hearty juice


This is the 'hearty juice' because its jam packed with flavour and goodness :) also its slightly thicker than a juice, thus making us fuller for longer!

To make this juice you will need:
  • 2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves - to get some green in there
  • 1/4 of a carrot - for some veges
  • a handful of raspberries - for some unique flavour (I just use the frozen ones :)
  • 1/4 cup of pineapple - for a tropical taste
  • 1/4 cup of pear juice - to keep the digestive system running well
  • a few slices of banana - for creaminess (I don't like too much otherwise it dominates the flavour)
  • lastly, a dash of lemon - for citrus balance and a kick of flavour
at the end I added some soda water to bulk the juice out and spice things up a bit ;)

Juice Recipe 2: the tropical blend


This juice is the 'tropical blend' because it is rich in citrus and tropical flavour. Its the perfect refreshing drink to have on a hot afternoon!

For this juice you'll need:
  • 2 decent handfuls of baby spinach leaves - for some green ofcourse
  • handful of chopped strawberries - to make it sweet
  • 3/4 of an orange - for delicious citrus fruitiness
  • I estimate the pineapple but it's probably around 1/3 cup or more - for the tropical accent
  • a dash of lemon juice - for some bity flavour
  • a dash of orange juice - to enhance the orange taste
  • a dash of water - to make a juicy smoother consistency


Juice Recipe 3: the cleanser


This juice is 'the cleanser' because as I drank it, I literally felt my insides cleaning :P

For this juice I used:

  • An inch or so of cucumber - for the greens
  • 1 1/2 handfuls of raspberries - for some tangy berry flavour
  • 2 1/2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves - just cause its good for ya
  • 1 apple - you know how they say 'an apple a day keeps the doctor away'
  • a decent dash of lemon - to cleanse the system
  • a little ginger - for health benefits (I don't add this because it gives me headaches)
  • a dash of pear juice - to regulate the digestion
  • a dash of water - to create a juicy consistency
  • you can also add beetroot


I hope you enjoyed this post and its inspired you to try some new healthy alternatives:) If you've tried a juice cleanse or make juices regularly too, then please comment your thoughts and experiences!

xoxo

CONVERSATION

18 comments:

  1. I really like recipe 2 and 3, and I think this is a great way of getting some nutrition at home!

    Velvet Blush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are super easy to make it literally takes 5 mins and there's hardly any mess :) x

      Delete
  2. Everything sounds soooo delicious and healthy. Definitely going to try to do one of these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I was surprised how good they tested, eventhough they are so healthy! haha x

      Delete
  3. I've been thinking of trying these fruit smoothies, yours sound delicious
    Lauren
    livinginaboxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should!! I've been feeling great ever since I started making them! I think they are definitely worth a try xx

      Delete
  4. SUCH good recipe ideas I wish I could keep buying juice cleanses but they are so expensive so definitely will take note of these xxx


    Blonde of carbs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the cost of cleansers are insane! but this way is way cheaper and easier xx

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing! I usually eat creams and soups, but this is a great way of taking vegetables.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman - Instagram - Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same here but I found I just wasn't getting enough vegetables, and its great change :)

      Delete
  6. i really need to get back into my juices as i love them when i have them!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should!! Because they are delicious :P

      Delete
  7. Oooh all these sounds delish and healthy! I have been wanting to get the Nutri Bullet but I might get the Sunbeam one instead, as it sounds like it works great for juicing :)
    ♥Natalie
    Yours Truly, NY


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are surprisingly sooo good! Yeah look into getting the Sunbeam one cause its wayyy cheaper than the NutriBullet :P

      Delete
  8. Definitely need to try some of these, they're right up my street!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I really want to try making my own juices and these look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top