How do we overcome things? How can we successfully make change in our lives?



How do we overcome things? How can we successfully make change in our lives? 

I’m writing this piece because I’m continuously on this journey of making change and know how hard it can be. I feel like I need to it write about it to continue the fight and maybe it will help someone else too. This time of year can be stressful and overwhelming just remember we cannot always choose our circumstances BUT we can chose how we respond.

We often start by thinking about what we don’t want in life. We don’t want to be sick. We don’t want to be anxious etc. 

But when you are told not to think of something and all you can do is think of that. So if you don’t want to be anxious you can’t think about how you don’t want to be anxious.

You have to learn to think about it in a different way. You have to train yourself to think about how you want to be, for example - confident. 

Focus on the positive outcome not the negative - this can be really hard, and often feels almost impossible. It’s a constant battle I fight with myself but you have to be consistent. 

I was wanting to link this to a quote I once heard and came across this article on conspire for change (there’s a link and more info on my blog - findyourownhope.blogspot.com)

An old Cherokee is teaching his grandson about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

“It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil – he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.” He continued, “The other is GOOD – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you – and inside every other person, too.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, ❤️“The one you feed.”❤️

In a Psychology Matters article “The story of the two wolves: managing your thoughts, feelings and actions”, the tagline reads:

 🙌“Knowing which wolf you feed is the first step towards recognizing you have control over your own self.”🙌

https://www.conspireforchange.org/?p=2522

Happy holidays. Lots of Love xx

CONVERSATION

54 comments:

  1. I also struggle with trying to stay positive, but I’m learning slowly to focus on the good things in my life rather than the negatives. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be a challenge hey? Yes always focus on the good xx Thank you love <3

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed reading this. Develop good habits for staying positive and keeping negatives from dragging you down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Yes we've got to keep the good habits up!

      Delete
  3. You are so right with each single word! Honestly, personally I love changes and I know how enriching each change in life can be. Happy holidays!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have the best advice! It can be hard to make changes but training your brain to think about how you want to be is a very smart idea. I really love that quote about the two wolves because it is very true. You are what you think and feeding the good wolf is always the better choice. Happy Holidays! x

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw you are too sweet <3 Me too, it's such an amazing quote <3

      Delete
  5. amazing post honey! beautyfull! really great i love your blog :)
    kisses from Poland :*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this when you shared it on Instagram. Definitely truth and something to share with the children. :-)

    https://www.missymayification.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you're all about the positive vibes in this post. There will be times when we face something difficult and it can be overcome. You bring up a good point about how we think about the things we don't want in life. Merry Christmas!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
  8. That story of the wolves is amazing and it's so real! Thanks for share it, we need to feed ourselves with positive toughts ♥

    www.heresometimes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Theres so much meaning in it - I love it too!

      Delete
  9. It's a great quote and such good advice! :)

    Hope that you had a wonderful Christmas :) It was a busy but fun one here as I hosted it this year for my family. We are still eating lots of delicious leftovers, haha! I'm starting to get back to blogging after my little break for a few days.

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! I hope you are all going well in the new year x

      Delete
  10. This is such an important point to make when it comes to the way the majority of us think - I'm definitely going to try and focus more on the positive outcomes in the future. I think that would actually be really beneficial for my anxiety too!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we've got to focus on the positive! Yes I find it help my anxiety as well :) xx Hope you are well!

      Delete
  11. Agree! Each individual on the planet has the opportunity to change things for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very true, many good points. The Law of Attraction may be a real thing but it is also had to master!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is so interesting! I hope you are having a great weekend x

      Delete
  13. Adversities are an inevitable part of our life that cannot be avoided no matter how hard you may try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Estupendo post! Muchas gracias por tu última visita, espero verte pronto por mi blog! ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  15. href="https://istanbulolala.biz/">https://istanbulolala.biz/
    İD1W2

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top